Summer time often brings about vacations. Here are some tips for a safe trip.
Before You Go
- Research basic information about your destination
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with a family member or friend.
- Make sure your vehicle is in good working order if you are driving.
- Get copies of maps of your destinations and attractions that you plan to visit.
- Travel light.
- Be sure to pack medications needed. Pack an extra pair of glasses if you have them.
- Don’t bring a lot of cash/credit cards. Instead, use one or two cards and a small amount of cash. Alert you credit card company that you will be traveling and where.
- Don’t pack valuables.
- Make sure baggage is labeled with your name and phone number.
At The Airport
- Don’t leave baggage unattended.
- Don’t accept packages from strangers.
- Report suspicious activities. Be alert to your surroundings
On The Road
- Wear your seatbelt.
- If you get drowsy, take a break. Stop and walk around or grab a bite to eat.
- Avoid texting or using cell phone while driving.
- Plan ahead and check road/weather conditions.
- Always park in well-lit areas and keep your doors locked.
At The Hotel
- Note where fire exits, alarms and extinguishers are location.
- Keep hotel room locked.
- If you are meeting a visitor, have them meet you in the lobby instead of your room
- Don’t get in the elevator with suspicious strangers.
Out and About
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Don’t accept rides from strangers.
- Keep a low profile and avoid large crowds, demonstrations or public confrontations.
- Stay in well-lit and well-traveled places.
We hope that as you travel, you have a safe, enjoyable trip!