By Rose Kreller of Medi-Waste Disposal
What are the secrets of long life and healthy again? According to the US Census, about 84,000 folks over age 100 currently live in the United States. A survey by United Healthcare of people over 100 revealed some commonalities among this age group.
Consider the following tips for promoting longevity and wellness:
- Stay current. Keeping up with the times, learning new things, and embracing new
technology seems to help. Curiosity and
creativity are recommended.
- Stay connected. Daily communication may also contribute to
living longer. Some studies show that
those with satisfying social relationships experience less mental decline.
- Eat, sleep and
exercise. Eating right, sleeping enough, and exercising regularly are at the top of the “To Do” list for people who have
made it to 100.
- Stick to routines. Many of those who live long have daily or
weekly routines for healthy habits and connecting with others.
- Volunteer. Giving back seems to aid long term health and
- Feel satisfied. It is often said, that the secret to happiness is wanting what you have. The oldest folks harbor few regrets and express contentment with their lives.
Midwest Medical Waste, Inc.